Dear Rascals,
In 2012,
You came into my class, how
well I remember!
Some of you were smiling and
giggling a lot
Some were very quiet and a
few tears I could spot.
You came here to learn, to be
taught how to read,
You were then very much like a
tiny new seed.
You were all in my garden
just waiting to grow,
So this gardener got busy
with her rake and her hoe.
I fed you the water and let
in the sun,
You took in the soil, but we
had only begun.
Each day as I worked in this
garden of mine,
I saw you all growing so
strong and so fine.
Then finally one day I took a
good look,
And saw each of my flowers
reading a book.
It was obvious then that you
had worked too
Soaking up all the food I had
given you.
But although you have
blossomed, you still need to grow,
So I’ll pass you on now to
another gardener I know.
She too has a rake and a hoe
she can use,
And plenty of food from which
you can choose.
I hope you will keep your
roots open wide,
Take in all her food and keep
it inside.
Yes, a gardener can work all
night and all day,
But the flower must be
willing to take in each ray!
So work very hard in your
garden each year,
Do the best you can and
you’ll have nothing to fear.
Grow strong and tall, reach
up for the sun,
Stay as nice as you are and
have lots of FUN!
Author - unknown
Have a "FUN"tastic summer! Hurry back and visit me in August.
Hugs and Kisses,
Mrs. Rich
xoxoxoxo1/2
No comments:
Post a Comment